The creative and spiritual journey of a (textile) recycler. . .

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time now. I just couldn’t seem to get started. I thought. . what would I say, what would I do and really . . . . . who would care.

Last year I had the great fortune to witness a ‘happening’. As a spouse at a reunion (I know, groan) I was both an observer and participant. This reunion was attended by some of the most creative and talented people on the face of the planet. Really, no exaggeration! But many were holding onto life long insecurities. They didn’t think they were talented enough and embarrassed to perform in front of each other for fear of . . who knows . . . finger pointing, whispers, laughter, ridicule of some sort for sure. Once it was revealed that many shared the same feelings, the healing began. And I was the lucky one. I got to witness it all and benefit as well.

So, the message is that we all think we are not good enough compared to someone else, but we are. Don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you. We can’t measure our own success by someone else’s talents.

This revelation and the kindness / support of strangers has propelled my creative journey to a place I had given up ever getting to. Tho I thought my creative juices were dried up forever, they have merely been reawakened. Many thanks to all involved in my process, including in-part . . Victoria B, Mrs. W., Charles Mc., Claudia H, Mary B, Cindy G, Sandy B, Traci B., Kat C, and my IAA family. So, thank you. I dedicate this blog to all of you!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another passing

Well, it’s not ‘List it Tuesday' any more, it actually Wednesday now ... but the need has arisen for another list ... there’s been another passing.

My junior high and high school friend has passed ... too young, too soon...drawn her last breath ... Some of us knew it was coming, but it’s still hard to hear that the final breath has been drawn.. It’s so final ... no chance to say what you wanted or forgot to or even needed to say ... no do-overs... too late.

Those of us that knew it was coming have been helping each other, knowing the end was drawing near... It’s still hard tho... and how ironic that this week is the anniversary of my own moms passing... so, every year at the same time, I will reflect on memories of my mom, her sister and now my friend... sigh...

I’ll think of my friend often. What a great gal.. Here are 5 things I’ll always remember about her:

She had ...
  . . . an infectious laugh that just drew you in
  . . . a bright smile that shined like a bright beacon of light
  . . . a mischievous twinkle in her eye that made you giggle
  . . . a spirit and capacity for love and compassion that paled to others
  . . . and a zest for life that could not be attained by anyone else

Good night and rest in peace sweetie...we’ll talk about you, laugh and share crazy memories of things that teenagers did when they thought they wouldn’t get caught or just didn’t know any better.... I’ll think of you and love you always. . .



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read about the passing of your friend. What a nice list to celebrate her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tricia..she was a great gal! And, this was the second passing in less than a week :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your friend. You are a very compassionate person and though I don't see you often I am glad to call you a friend.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dolly..you are very kind... and you know how I feel about you!

    ReplyDelete