The creative and spiritual journey of a (textile) recycler. . .

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time now. I just couldn’t seem to get started. I thought. . what would I say, what would I do and really . . . . . who would care.

Last year I had the great fortune to witness a ‘happening’. As a spouse at a reunion (I know, groan) I was both an observer and participant. This reunion was attended by some of the most creative and talented people on the face of the planet. Really, no exaggeration! But many were holding onto life long insecurities. They didn’t think they were talented enough and embarrassed to perform in front of each other for fear of . . who knows . . . finger pointing, whispers, laughter, ridicule of some sort for sure. Once it was revealed that many shared the same feelings, the healing began. And I was the lucky one. I got to witness it all and benefit as well.

So, the message is that we all think we are not good enough compared to someone else, but we are. Don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you. We can’t measure our own success by someone else’s talents.

This revelation and the kindness / support of strangers has propelled my creative journey to a place I had given up ever getting to. Tho I thought my creative juices were dried up forever, they have merely been reawakened. Many thanks to all involved in my process, including in-part . . Victoria B, Mrs. W., Charles Mc., Claudia H, Mary B, Cindy G, Sandy B, Traci B., Kat C, and my IAA family. So, thank you. I dedicate this blog to all of you!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Milestones!

Today is a day of milestones.

Today is the first birthday of my number one little guy. 
How can you not fall in love with this dude??

He's been a joy, a blessing, a great source of entertainment,
and the love of our lives.


Presents are great but did you have to put that bow on my head, da-ad....

~

The next milestone of the day is that this is my 100th post!
Wow! Who'da thought...

This blog has been fun and introspective and a way to meet and connect with all of you.. people I would never have had any other way of meeting.

You've taught, supported and encouraged me in 
my attempts to be creative, 
through health issues, dealing with the multiple losses and all the other crazy things that happen to me.
You've just let me be myself... good or bad...

So I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I hope to quickly get back to really creating all of the things that are rattling around inside me and that you will give me your support and feedback then also.

So let's celebrate!

Leave me a comment telling me about your milestones..
it can be a life's accomplishment or a creative one.

On Saturday, February 9, 
I will select at random someone to win 2 more patterns.


3 comments:

  1. My most recent milestone is 35 years of marriage to my wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little guy!
    Congratulations on your blogging milestone!
    My milestone this year will be finishing re-upholstering a pair of Victorian chairs that I have been working on for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is a milestone for us too. Our big boy's first day at preschool. Maybe a tear from mummy. It seems only yesterday he was 1 now he's 3. Such love

    ReplyDelete