The creative and spiritual journey of a (textile) recycler. . .

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time now. I just couldn’t seem to get started. I thought. . what would I say, what would I do and really . . . . . who would care.

Last year I had the great fortune to witness a ‘happening’. As a spouse at a reunion (I know, groan) I was both an observer and participant. This reunion was attended by some of the most creative and talented people on the face of the planet. Really, no exaggeration! But many were holding onto life long insecurities. They didn’t think they were talented enough and embarrassed to perform in front of each other for fear of . . who knows . . . finger pointing, whispers, laughter, ridicule of some sort for sure. Once it was revealed that many shared the same feelings, the healing began. And I was the lucky one. I got to witness it all and benefit as well.

So, the message is that we all think we are not good enough compared to someone else, but we are. Don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you. We can’t measure our own success by someone else’s talents.

This revelation and the kindness / support of strangers has propelled my creative journey to a place I had given up ever getting to. Tho I thought my creative juices were dried up forever, they have merely been reawakened. Many thanks to all involved in my process, including in-part . . Victoria B, Mrs. W., Charles Mc., Claudia H, Mary B, Cindy G, Sandy B, Traci B., Kat C, and my IAA family. So, thank you. I dedicate this blog to all of you!

Monday, December 17, 2012

A really close call

What a day...I was all set to go to the produce market... my cupboards (& fridge) were bare. It isn't exactly close to home, but the prices are so good that it pays to make the drive. So happily I went on my merry way.

I was almost there... so close..it could have been waaaaay worse. I was about a mile from my exit, a big semi was in the right lane looking like he wanted to be in my lane. I slowed to let him in but he made no effort to move over, so I thought I was wrong. Then suddenly without any warning at all, he started moving that big ol' truck into my lane. Problem was, I was still there and there was traffic to my left. What the heck was I going to do. He's still coming.... Oh oh...

I laid it on the horn to get his attention and hopefully get him to stop. Nope... he kept on coming. And, he looked right a me in his side mirror. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that this was an accident waiting to happen.... literally. And apparently didn't care either. He'd be long gone by the time the cops got there... So I knew I was really in trouble... I was still moving but had nowhere to go and I was running out of road real fast....even tho I was in the middle lane. I felt like I was was waiting to be crushed from both sides..... I was almost the squishy filling in a metal sandwich... Luckily I just slowed a bit and he kept racing forward... It was so very close and I won't lie, I was a bit rattled. It also caused me to miss my exit.  Drat, do I turn around and go to the market or just go home and pull the covers up over my head?? Think fast....

I got off at the next exit, turned around and went into the market. Hmm.. 2 lbs of red peppers for a dollar! Maybe my luck has changed. The lady behind me in the checkout line started talking to me about juicing and how we both looked great for our ages. We chuckled. After that, I was bound for home with no side trips. You see, within one mile of that episode, I had very four close encounters. Ok Universe, I get the message.. I'm going home....

No comments:

Post a Comment