The creative and spiritual journey of a (textile) recycler. . .

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time now. I just couldn’t seem to get started. I thought. . what would I say, what would I do and really . . . . . who would care.

Last year I had the great fortune to witness a ‘happening’. As a spouse at a reunion (I know, groan) I was both an observer and participant. This reunion was attended by some of the most creative and talented people on the face of the planet. Really, no exaggeration! But many were holding onto life long insecurities. They didn’t think they were talented enough and embarrassed to perform in front of each other for fear of . . who knows . . . finger pointing, whispers, laughter, ridicule of some sort for sure. Once it was revealed that many shared the same feelings, the healing began. And I was the lucky one. I got to witness it all and benefit as well.

So, the message is that we all think we are not good enough compared to someone else, but we are. Don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you. We can’t measure our own success by someone else’s talents.

This revelation and the kindness / support of strangers has propelled my creative journey to a place I had given up ever getting to. Tho I thought my creative juices were dried up forever, they have merely been reawakened. Many thanks to all involved in my process, including in-part . . Victoria B, Mrs. W., Charles Mc., Claudia H, Mary B, Cindy G, Sandy B, Traci B., Kat C, and my IAA family. So, thank you. I dedicate this blog to all of you!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

List it Tuesday!

Geez, it's Tuesday already. I can't believe how quickly the days pass...and how timely the new list topic is. You may think this can't be true, but it is. I had another family member pass away yesterday. Today, Tuesday is the funeral.

So, just in time, here is my list for: Small Comforts... Things That Make Me Feel Better:
  • home made chicken soup - Yum
  • if carrots and boiled chicken are in the soup.... all the better (ding!)
  • Vernors..  hot or cold..it's like a warm hug
  • a smile from a stranger
  • some hot salsa music
  • the heat from my hubby's hand placed on my sore bones & muscles
  • spending time with friends 
  • thinking about the old days
  • finishing a UFO
  • getting a good nights sleep
  • Prednisone!
  • hugs from my hubby 
  • remembering the Disco days (ding!)
  • snuggling
  • finishing a new creation . . . and liking it
  • remembering the cute things the kids said when they were little
  • watching the video my husband made while driving his dad from the south to the north (link to video in post above)
  • looking at old family movies and pictures
  • potato chips... always and forever :) 

And to you my dear cousin, you had a long and wonderful life. I know you are happy to be with your sweetie again. . . .  maybe under the tree with bright leaves, holding hands and catching up after so many years. . . . I'll smile when I see you in the old family movies. . . laughing, drinking, smoking, and dancing along with everyone else. Those were such good times, honest times. Even tho I was young, I knew. . .


Join Aimee and the rest of the list posse at: http://artsyville.blogspot.com/

20 comments:

  1. oh yes to snuggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade chicken soup...divine stuff!
    Love your list and the lovely photo!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken soup is a comfort food going back several generations in my family... now I make it, and freeze it, so it's always on hand when most needed :) I even love the smell.

      Delete
  3. love "the heat from my hubby's hands." That's a beautiful phrase and there is so much tenderness in it. Lovely list and divine photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list really shows how much you love and value your husband

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous list! And I love it that you added the video :) Annnnnnnnnd...the picture of the tree is stunning. So much to goo about ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TL... I'll take all the gooing you can muster :)

      Delete
  6. I am sorry about your cousin. It's hard to lose people, really tough. I am sure he is with his sweetie, almost definitely under the favourite tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Em. It was a wonderful funeral with laughs and jokes and lots of funny stories...a true celebration of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like my mom's chicken soup. Which was always giving to me when I was sick. Something about just the right ingredients. Off to watch the video! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade chicken soup is THE best! I hope you like the video...it's Excellent!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is a wonderful list, and I love that you have comforting memories of your cousin. and a finished UFO! I'd like to see one of those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee. I'm hoping to finish some UFOs in the very very near future. I'll be sure to post them when I do :)

      Delete