The creative and spiritual journey of a (textile) recycler. . .

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time now. I just couldn’t seem to get started. I thought. . what would I say, what would I do and really . . . . . who would care.

Last year I had the great fortune to witness a ‘happening’. As a spouse at a reunion (I know, groan) I was both an observer and participant. This reunion was attended by some of the most creative and talented people on the face of the planet. Really, no exaggeration! But many were holding onto life long insecurities. They didn’t think they were talented enough and embarrassed to perform in front of each other for fear of . . who knows . . . finger pointing, whispers, laughter, ridicule of some sort for sure. Once it was revealed that many shared the same feelings, the healing began. And I was the lucky one. I got to witness it all and benefit as well.

So, the message is that we all think we are not good enough compared to someone else, but we are. Don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you. We can’t measure our own success by someone else’s talents.

This revelation and the kindness / support of strangers has propelled my creative journey to a place I had given up ever getting to. Tho I thought my creative juices were dried up forever, they have merely been reawakened. Many thanks to all involved in my process, including in-part . . Victoria B, Mrs. W., Charles Mc., Claudia H, Mary B, Cindy G, Sandy B, Traci B., Kat C, and my IAA family. So, thank you. I dedicate this blog to all of you!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Addition to today's List it Tuesday post

In my List it Tuesday post, I referred to a video that my husband made while driving his dad from Florida to Michigan, to be near us. I debated about adding it to the post. Decided not to... but it really makes me smile when I am down. It is not only fun but a great comfort to me, so, I thought I would share it after all. 

Now you'll see who I spent my everydays with since the summer and why he was such a treasure to be with.

I think about you every day 'Pops' and still collect your hugs from the girls at Sunrise.

So here is Rick and Roger's Excellent Adventure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxsk8VKXVI

~ see original full post below ~

2 comments:

  1. Yep, great memories for sure. He was exactly the same till the day he passed away.

    ReplyDelete