Todays list is: Holiday Traditions or in my case Favorites.
I'm usually home alone for the holidays which sounds sad, but I love it. My time is my own. It's my time to cleanse my mind and my home. I can just get in the zone and do what I need to do and what I want to do without any guilt...So without a lot more explanation, here is my list:
- fave movie: Miracle on 34th Street.... already seen it 2x this week!
- fave way to keep warm: hot (chicken) soup or other yummy homemade soup & snuggling with my hub, of course
- fave meal: lamb & green beans and/or bean sprout chili :)
- fave beverage: soy egg nog ...yum-eeeee
- fave thing just at holidays: making latkes, often times with the oddest of veggies
- fave way to spend time: any way I darn well please! No schedules :)
- fave trait: become a hermit... I don't leave the house for 14 days or so
- fave challenge: I always issue myself a challenge of some sort. Usually something creative. My 2 faves: #1-making one quilt every day for the 14 days I was alone (photo above is one of my self-imposed challenge pieces & #2 -getting giant rolling drawer thingys and organizing all my my crafty bits
- fave feeling when the holiday is over: knowing that a lot of crap from around the house got thrown out (or recycled to someone else)!
- fave holiday song: by Donnie Hathaway, Christmas Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4LLipP192M
- and the Ronettes, Sleigh Ride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-hTXE72G0
- fave thing of all: peace and quiet
- fave day: when hubby comes home (ding!)
Fave wish to you all:
Have a very happy, safe, and successful holiday season!
As always, you can see more of Aimee's holiday elf's traditions lists at: