The creative and spiritual journey of a (textile) recycler. . .

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time now. I just couldn’t seem to get started. I thought. . what would I say, what would I do and really . . . . . who would care.

Last year I had the great fortune to witness a ‘happening’. As a spouse at a reunion (I know, groan) I was both an observer and participant. This reunion was attended by some of the most creative and talented people on the face of the planet. Really, no exaggeration! But many were holding onto life long insecurities. They didn’t think they were talented enough and embarrassed to perform in front of each other for fear of . . who knows . . . finger pointing, whispers, laughter, ridicule of some sort for sure. Once it was revealed that many shared the same feelings, the healing began. And I was the lucky one. I got to witness it all and benefit as well.

So, the message is that we all think we are not good enough compared to someone else, but we are. Don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you. We can’t measure our own success by someone else’s talents.

This revelation and the kindness / support of strangers has propelled my creative journey to a place I had given up ever getting to. Tho I thought my creative juices were dried up forever, they have merely been reawakened. Many thanks to all involved in my process, including in-part . . Victoria B, Mrs. W., Charles Mc., Claudia H, Mary B, Cindy G, Sandy B, Traci B., Kat C, and my IAA family. So, thank you. I dedicate this blog to all of you!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New store... new experience..


I had a nice afternoon today. The sun was shining brightly, it wasn’t blistery cold, everything was dry outside (notable if you have allergies) and I felt like being sociable. So I went to visit a friend at her new store. It’s only been open a month or so and it’s soooooo cool! She's gathered work from a variety of artists, mostly local but not exclusively and created a store named Poesy.

The space is filled with sunlight, items with lots of color and not very big, but maximized to show off everything really well. While I was there, she had a steady stream of not just shoppers, but buyers! Yeah! People are still buying hand made goodies!!

Having coordinated fine art fairs for twenty years, I found that I knew most of the artists represented. In fact, that’s how we met... She sold her work at one of my very first art fairs! And now the tables have turned. She took my new line of note cards to sell. To date I have not put my work in stores, and only showed my things very very minimally... so this is yet another new challenge for me.

In another week or so I will post my cards for sale via this blog... so please check back. In the meantime, look at some of the great hand made work that you can find at Poesy.1600 Rochester Road. Royal Oak. MI .....


Last night I noticed that if I post once a day till the end of the year, 
I will have 100 posts...so, I'm going for it...

Please join me and it you have suggestions for posts,
don't hesitate to share them...

2 comments:

  1. Love your Friends new store, wish I lived close enough to visit it in person. Ideas for daily posts, a preview of your cards, pictures you take during your day, your thoughts. You are so creative I look forward to checking in to see what you come up with. Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ronda! Good news: my friend my be selling work from her store online soon! When she does, I'll let everyone know.

    ReplyDelete